Traffic Control Roadway Barricade, Jersey Barrier, 42x72x24
This plastic, water-fillable Jersey barrier fills the void between concrete barriers and cones, flasher barricades, and drums. Cones and drums can create unclear delineation and confusion for a driver trying to navigate through a work zone, and when concrete barriers are used for the simple purpose of channelization, the concrete barriers become a collision hazard themselves, where the MB42x72 JSS LCD creates a defined direction of travel without contributing to hazardous conditions. This interlocking barrier wall also prevents drivers and pedestrians from short cutting through construction zones, without the risk associated with impacting a concrete wall.
This barrier passes the NCHRP-350 crash test to be designated an LCD (Longitudinal Channelizing Barricade). Roadside Design Guides call for concrete barriers to be used only under two circumstances: When it is less dangerous for vehicle occupants to impact the concrete barrier than to collide with a hazard behind the barrier, or to prevent an errant vehicle from penetrating a zone where workers are at risk. Deploying concrete barrier systems at work sites simply as a channelizing/delineating fence is poor practice and creates an unnecessary hazard in itself. This plastic barrier wall is an excellent alternative in road construction situations.
Each item includes:
- (1) Jersey Barrier plastic roadway barricade (42 in. x 72 in. x 24 in.)
Features and benefits:
- NCHRP-350 crash tested and accepted at TL3 (suitable for high speed work zones). Federal acceptance letter WZ-277.
- Barricades can hold battery-operated or solar safety lights.
- Water is filled through a topside aperture and emptied by removing a plug at the base.
- Requires no additional hardware or parts.
- Forms an interlocking wall in any configuration.
- Bright coloration clearly delineate work zones at night and in bad weather.
- Barricades are not damaged by freezing conditions. If water freezes, plastic will expand.
- Meets MUTCD specification 6F.66 for Longitudinal Channelizing Device.
- Meets NCHRP-350 requirements for Longitudinal Channelizing Devices at TL3.
- Be sure to review the federal acceptance letter if you require an LCD on your job site. Many similar /products may not be federally approved.
- COLORS: Safety Orange
- COMPOSITION: High impact, UV resistant, high density polyethylene
- SIZE: Height: 42 in. / 106.6 cm
- Length: 72 in. / 1182.2 cm
- Width: 24 in. / 60.96 cm
- WEIGHT: Empty: 90 lbs. / 40.8 kg
- Ballasted with 10.8 gallons: 177.5 lbs. 80.5 kg
- Full capacity (use on non-highway): 1426 lbs. / 646.8 kg
- WATER BALLAST: 10.8 gallons / 40.8 liters, Full capacity: 165 gallons / 624.4 liters
These items require freight shipping, which may incur an additional cost. As many variables are involved in freight shipments, calculating your price is a bit more complex. Please call us toll free at 866-715-6006 so we can complete your order.
|Material||High Density Polyethylene|
|Brands||Off the Wall Products|