Runway Light Closure Signal
This runway closer marker is an essential tool for maintaining airport security. The large, lighted signal indicates that runways are closed, increasing communication and safety among airport staff. Due to its portable nature, it can be towed by trucks to various locations on the runway. The flashing light system is comprised of amber lights for hazardous weather and night conditions, as well as white lights for daytime conditions.The size of this lighted X runway closure marker makes it visible from 3 to 6 mile distances depending on environmental factors.
Each Unit Includes:
- (1) Runway light closure signal, with 20 sealed-beam amber lights and 12 sealed-beam white lights
Features and Benefits:
- Meets FAA guidelines for size, shape, and configuration
- Adjustable flashing light rate
- Portable; tow one at a time or in tandem
- Standard 2-inch ball coupler tow hitch
- Easy set up, transport, and storage
- Vertical or horizontal orientation
- Amber lights: PAR 36 Amber Candle Power: 26,000
- Amber Lumens (Initial): 2068
- White lights: PAR 46 White Candle Power: 160,000
- White Lumens (Initial): 12,729
- Two independent power circuits for increased reliability
- Lockable control box and engine cage
- Air-cooled diesel engine with 30-gallon fuel tank
- Continuous operation up to 176 hours
NOTE: This product is made to order and ships within 5-6 weeks.
Also see our Airport Runway "X" Closure Marker
- Traveling length, single: 26.5 ft.
- Traveling length, tandem: 42.5 ft.
- Traveling height: 12.5 ft.
- Trailer width: 8.0 ft.
- Operating height: 21.0 ft.
- Arm length: 27.0 ft.
- X-shape (square), deployed: 19.1 ft.
- Frame: MIG-welded steel tubing
- Coating: Powder-coated and oven-baked
- Axle assembly: 2000-lb. capacity; Idler hub, 5 on 4.5 in BC, Double eye leaf springs
- Tires: P205/75 D15 steel-belted trailer tires, Load rating C
- Standard tow hitch: 2 in. ball coupler SAE; Class 2: 3500-lb. capacity
- Lamp type: Sealed beam with screw terminals - PAR 46
- Color: White
- Voltage: 12.8 V dc
- Wattage: 50 W
- Candle power: 160,000
- Initial lumens: 12, 729
- Beam spread: 6.5 degrees horizontal, 4.0 degrees vertical
- Configuration: 3 lights per section, 6 lights per arm, 1 light at center
- Lamp type: PAR 36 LED
- Color: Amber
- Configuration: 1 light at end of each arm (Total of 4)
- Diesel engine: Kohler KD420; 9.8 HP @ 3600 RPM (actual speed)
- Fuel tank: Transparent polyethylene, 30-gallon capacity
- Fuel consumption: Approx. 2.4 gallons per 8 hours of use
- Run time: Approx. 100 hours per tank of fuel
- Battery: 12 V dc
- Battery capacity: Group 24, 450 CCA
- Stability outriggers: Telescoping design, 123 in. span at full extension
- Arm-frame adjustability: Pivots from 0 to 90 degrees. Can level and tilt to optimum angle of 105 degrees from vertical
- Hand-winch: 2500-lb. capacity, friction safety brake, 1/4 in. galvanized 7x19 aircraft cable
- Spring tilt: Leaf spring tilts arm-frame assembly off vertical position
Specificationssubject to change without notice
These items require freight shipping, which may incur an additional cost. As many variables are involved in freight shipments, calculating your price is a bit more complex. Please call us toll free at 866-715-6006 so we can complete your order.