Airport Bird Control System
Avoid airplane bird strikes, decrease bird damage costs, and increase the safety of your employees and customers by implementing the Airport Bird Control System. Our comprehensive wildlife control system is specifically designed to repel birds and other pest animals away from airports and runways.
Recommended for use in all types and sizes of airports:
- International / Large commercial
- General Aviation
Each item includes:
- Mega Blaster PRO - repels birds using recorded predator cries and bird distress calls (covers up to 30 acres)
- Critter Blaster PRO - repels wildlife with a programmable sonic attack (covers up to 6 acres)
- GooseBuster - specifically repels geese using unique Canada goose alert and alarm calls (covers up to 7 acres)
- Bird Stop - taste aversion is applied to grass, turf, crops and structures and has a taste and smell that birds avoid
Features and benefits:
- Prevent bird strikes - improve flight safety and avoid costly airplane/equipment damages
- Decrease nuisance for pilots, air traffic controllers, other workers and travelers
- Eliminate fire hazards caused by birds building nests in vents
- Cut recurring cleanup and repair costs
- Protect property, landscaping, vehicles and other equipment from corrosive droppings
- Avoid government and safety inspection failures
- Increase/maintain property aesthetics
- Effective for up to 30 acres
Note: Normally ships within 72 hours. This product requires a signature on delivery as confirmation of delivery.
Parcels will not be left without a signature - even if they have that arranged with UPS.
A DEEPER LOOK: PREVENT A POTENTIAL TRAGEDY WITH THE AIRPORT BIRD CONTROL SYSTEM
If you don’t work in the aviation industry, you may not be aware of just how many issues birds can cause for planes. From large commuter planes to private Cessnas, birds pose a very real threat. All you need to do for proof is look at one of the biggest miracle saves in modern aviation history.
US Airways flight 1549 took off from New York City’s LaGuardia Airport in 2009 and struck a flock of Canadian Geese. It subsequently lost all engine power and the pilot – the now famous Captain Sullenberger – was forced to land in the Hudson River. Miraculously, everyone survived.
Because of it being a commercial flight and the miraculous nature of the story, this story made headlines. Howeve,r geese do cause a lot of damage that goes largely unreported in the news. From 2000 to 2009, nearly 500 planes were damaged because of birds, and close to 200 of those had to make emergency landings. This causes an estimated $600 million damage per year to planes. Geese can get sucked into a plane’s engines and cause them to fail – which is clearly upsetting for the bird but can also cost a great deal of damage and threaten human’s lives as well.
The Airport Bird Control System is designed to help avoid bird strikes and therefore avoid damage and injury to employees and customers. There are four parts of the system, which are:
- The Mega Blaster PRO bird repellant. This device emits predator noises and distress calls of birds for an area of up to 30 acres to prevent birds from coming close.
- The Critter Blaster PRO wildlife repellant features a programmable sonic attack that covers up to 6 acres.
- The GooseBuster repels geese specifically.
- The Bird Stop prevents birds from being attracted to grass, turf, and other structures by actually having a taste and smell that repels birds.
This product can be used in any airport environment or other places that birds are a hazard. While it may seem unnecessary now, it is one of those things that you will be glad you had in case a number of birds start frequenting your area. Protect your planes, passengers, and employees with the Airport Bird Control System!